A little housecleaning at this point. v1.4 was released about 3 months ago. I’ll try and regurgitate everything I can remember while looking through my commit log.
- Major overhaul of widget creation. No more
eval() ! 😀
- This was a big one for me personally as I really wanted to figure it out! Shoutout to the folks over at Modern Tribe for writing a plugin 3 years ago that used some similar concepts. That said, if you’re using the Widget Builder plugin (where I found the code necessary to make this happen) there will be a conflict and ACFW will probably not work correctly. Tweet me if you want more details.
- Fixed fatal PHP error for logged in subscribers.
- Admin menu items only show for admins.
- Widget Title Filter Added. Use the traditional “Title” field for your widgets.
- Fixed error when value is missing from DB related to expiration notices.
As always, if you’re having some trouble, feel free to ask questions on the support forum and I’ll try to help as much as I can! I even take feature requests! 🙂
Escaped characters for widget titles and descriptions.
Removed backslashes from the tutorial box code snippet on the “Add new widgets” page.
ACF Widgets is now on GitHub! If you want to submit issues or bugs, feel free! Pull requests are also welcome if you so desire. (Though why are you paying me?!)
I will make a small note here, just to err on the side of caution. ACFW is not free. Yes, it is entirely GPL and you can modify, change, distribute, etc the source as much as you want. However, if you use the plugin, I would really appreciate it if you bought a license. One of the best reasons being, you get automatic updates, right from your WordPress dashboard. And with new versions coming out consistently, who wants to have to manage that themselves?! Finally, your continued support makes it possible to continue providing a quality product that works as advertised. If Elliot over at Advanced Custom Fields decides to rewrite his whole plugin overnight, you expect ACFW to stay up to date as well.
Thanks again for all the continued support everyone! Be on the lookout for v1.3 coming very soon!
Hello everyone! If anyone is keeping track of these things, I recently released ACFW v1.2. This version brings a lot of performance improvements to the software. Please update as soon as possible to take advantage of these improvements.
To move the conversation to the future, v1.3 will bring even more performance improvements as well as an API for creating widgets through a more simplified code interface. I’m also working on a feature similar to “Client Mode” that exists in ACF. This will allow you to hide the ACFW specific pages that exist in the WordPress admin area.
Exciting things are coming in the future! Be on the lookout! If you have any feature requests, check out the feature’s forum and create a topic!
Yes, you read that title right. It hasn’t even been 2 months yet and I’m gonna be rocking a rewrite. I’m going to briefly go over what’s happening here and why I decided to do a rewrite.
Hey! I figured I would keep this one here to commemorate the launch of the plugin!
I can’t wait to see what people do with this! 🙂